Adobe is all set to release Magento 2.4.4 on March 8th , 2022. It will support PHP 8.1 and currently in the beta testing phase, which is expected to be completed soon. Like every version, it will have various performance enhancements and bug fixes that will provide lots of benefits. The good news for the Magento developers and store owners is that it will be available on the official website for download.
Magento store owners will have access to the cutting-edge features that will be fruitful for their business operations in the long run. But, the upgrading process will not be that simpler. That’s why, Adobe has planned an extended beta program to make the merchants prepared for this upgrade.
Don’t forget the release dates of Magento 2.4.4 to get the latest code as it becomes available.
- 2.4.4 Beta1: October 18th, 2021
- 2.4.4 Beta2: November 22nd, 2021
- 2.4.4 Beta3: December 14th, 2021
- 2.4.4 Beta4: January 10th, 2022
- 2.4.4 Public Availability: March 8th, 2022
If you’ve invested in Magento development, you should read the details provided here!
Important Highlights of Adobe Commerce 2.4.4-Beta 4
Here are some enhancements that will come with Magento 2.4.4 release:
- Compatibility of Magento project libraries and dependencies with PHP 8.1
- Supports latest ElasticSearch version (7.16.1) and OpenSearch 1.1
- Vendor-bundled extensions removal excluding Braintree
- Upgrading third-party library to the latest version
What’ New to Expect from Adobe Commerce 2.4.4-Beta?
With these platform improvements, the performance and security of the Magento website will become enhanced.
- Upgrade of PHPUnit to 9.5x
- TinyMCE5 support
- Updated composer dependencies
- Updated RequireJS Library to the latest version
The following performance improvements aimed at boosting the operational efficiency of the Magento website.
- Efficiency in cart operations
- Sales process optimization during checkout
- Enhancements in the order validation process
Also Read: Top Magento 2 Website Design Tips in 2022
With this new release, the following GraphQL improvements will be expected:
- Boost in storefront performance
- Configuration settings in the storeConfig query
- Payment method setting for a negotiable quote
Here are some infrastructure improvements that will come with the latest release:
- MySQL upgrade to the latest 8.0.x version
- MariaDB upgrade version 10.4.22
- Extended support for PHP 8.1 to laminas/laminas-match
If you’ve partnered with the best Magento development agency, then you don’t have to worry about the upgrade process at all. They have expert team on-board to help you in this task, and ensure the smooth and hassle-free upgrade for your Magento website.